- This event has passed.
Investing in Discovery: 2017 Food Tank Summit Boston
April 1, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$399.00
On April 1st, Food Tank is hosting its inaugural Food Tank Summit Boston in collaboration with Tufts University and in partnership with Oxfam America. We want to invite the Boston community to a day filled with experts and top leaders across all sectors of the food world for interactive panels and discussions moderated by top journalists.
The Summit, “Investing in Discovery,” will be held on Saturday, April 1st from 9 AM to 5 PM. We expect 250 attendees from Boston and the New England area to join our symposium on food innovation and entrepreneurship in the global food system. Our events always sell out, and I am hoping you will join us for Food Tank’s first Boston event that includes an amazing group of 35+ speakers.
Our confirmed speakers include:
- Lauren Abda, Founder, Branchfood
- Jody Adams, Chef and Co-owner, Trade Restaurant
- Julian Agyeman, Professor of Urban and Environmental Policy and Planning, Tufts University
- Patricia Baker, Senior Policy Analyst, Massachusetts Law Reform Institute
- Ian Brady, Co-Founder & CEO, AVA
- Sara Burnett, Director of Wellness and Food Policy, Panera Bread
- Matthew Dillon, Director of Agricultural Policy & Programs, Clif Bar
- Jess Fanzo, Bloomberg Distinguished Associate Professor of Ethics and Global Food & Agriculture, Johns Hopkins University
- Oliver Gottfried, Senior Campaign Strategist, Oxfam America
- Timothy Griffin, Director, Agriculture, Food and Environment Program, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University
- Tamar Haspel, Columnist, The Washington Post
- Wendy Kubota, Director of Communications, Nature’s Path Foods
- Corby Kummer, Senior Editor, The Atlantic
- William Masters, Professor, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University
- Congressman Jim McGovern, U.S. Congress (D-MA)
- Brad McNamara, CEO & Co-Founder, Freight Farms
- Monique Mikhail, Senior Campaign Strategist, Greenpeace
- Danielle Nierenberg, President, Food Tank
- Dariush Mozaffarian, Dean, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University
- Kimbal Musk, Chef and Co-Founder, The Kitchen
- Councilor Ayanna Pressley, City Councilor At-Large, Boston City Council
- Doug Rauch, Founder and President, Daily Table
- Ruth Richardson, Executive Director, Global Alliance for the Future of Food
- Lindsey Shute, Executive Director and Co-Founder, National Young Farmers Coalition
- Matt Tortora, ?Co-Founder & CEO, Crave Food Services Inc
- Parke Wilde, Associate Professor, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University.
- Paul Willis, Rancher and Founder, Niman Ranch Pork Company
- Norbert Wilson, Professor, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University.
- Tim Wise, Land and Food Rights Program Director, Small Planet Institute and Senior Research Fellow, Global Development and Environment Institute at Tufts University
About Food Tank:
Food Tank is a non-profit focused on building a community for safe, healthy, nourished eaters. Our Summits bring together researchers, farmers, chefs, policy makers, government officials, and students to discuss and debate the future of solutions and environmentally sustainable ways of alleviating hunger, obesity, and poverty. This event will produce thoughtful, productive conversations and action steps to make our food system better for all. We believe the Boston community will benefit immensely from being a part of this event and greatly enjoy taking part in the resolutions that come out of it.
WHO: Food Tank, in collaboration with the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University and in partnership with Oxfam America
WHEN: Saturday, April 1, 2017 from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EDT
WHERE: The Food Tank is being held at the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy (150 Harrison Avenue, Boston, MA 02111)
Food Tank, in collaboration with the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University, is excited to announce the inaugural Boston Food Tank Summit. This event will feature more than three-dozen different speakers from the food and agriculture field. Researchers, farmers, chefs, policy makers, government officials, and students will come together for discussions on diverse topics on our theme, “Investing in Discovery.”
This is the second event in our 2017 Food Tank Summit Series, which will bring together some of the world’s most impactful food system leaders. In February, the Food Tank Summit in DC at George Washington University sold out and drew in more than 65,000 live stream viewers.
This is will be Boston’s can’t miss event of 2017!
For more information or to purchase tickets, please visit our Eventbrite page.
About Food Tank:
Food Tank, a global non-profit, is focused on building a global community for safe, healthy, nourished eaters. We spotlight environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable ways of alleviating hunger, obesity, and poverty and create networks of people, organizations, and content to push for food system change.
Food Tank provides a platform for brainstorming solutions and enabling dynamic conversation. We hope to create solutions that only come about when all of us—farmers, eaters, businesses, policymakers, academics, youth, funders, and the media—come together to break down silos and listen to one another.
Food Tank highlights hope and success in food and agriculture. At FoodTank.com, through research and reports, daily news updates, and dozens of events and Summits, Food Tank features innovative ideas that are already working on the ground, in cities, in kitchens, in fields, and in laboratories.
For sponsorship inquiries, please email Bernard Pollack at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For volunteer inquiries, please email Vanesa Botero-Lowry at email@example.com.