Community

A-Listers: Ben Sacchetti and Chien-hwe Carol Hong

It’s 7 p.m. on a Friday and all of his friends have (non-lethal) bird flu. He would… Well, they already have it, so they can’t give it to each other, and it’s non-lethal, so I wouldn’t die. I’d just invite everybody over and have a bird flu party […] Heh, bird flu party. I’d serve […]

SCOUT OUT: Secret Gardens

On a hot, blue Sunday in early June two people exiting an apartment building on Dana Street followed chatter and the distinctive whiff of something going on to a slightly wilted red balloon tied to a sign out front of Amy Domini Thornton’s house.

A-Listers: Katherine Burchman

Any good town is built by people who know how to work hard and play hard, too, and the People’s Republic of Cambridge is no exception. That’s why this year’s A-Listers are folks who have helped shape the city where they live – sometimes literally – to be a cornucopia of killer music, dance, food, […]

A-Listers: Ben Sommer

Any good town is built by people who know how to work hard and play hard, too, and the People’s Republic of Cambridge is no exception. That’s why this year’s A-Listers are folks who have helped shape the city where they live – sometimes literally – to be a cornucopia of killer music, dance, food, […]

Polls Close Thursday At Midnight

It’s true! It’s down to the wire, it’s looking like a lot of the categories are going to be decided by just a handful of votes. It’s up to you to make it count! Click here, or on the image above and get to it! Winners will be revealed in our September/October edition and will […]

Mayor David Maher

After a long, drawn-out electoral process, School Committee member, City Councilor and 2010-2011 Mayor David Maher was (re)elected to Cambridge’s highest office earlier this year. The Scout sat down with Mayor Maher to talk about innovation, gentrification and all the -ations in between.  My very first apartment was on Pearl Street off of Central, almost […]

City Voices: La Familia Amador

A teenage girl with a neon green pixie cut opens the lavender door. “Oh, hold on, I’ll go get her,” she says, then follows it up with, “I’m her daughter.” Within seconds I’m greeted by the sound engineer, the family dog and Brian, the father. Then Rosi Amador greets me in the kitchen with a […]

Scouts Honored 2014 Nominations Now Open!

Nobody knows Cambridge businesses like the people that call it home—that’s why we’re asking for your help in determining what’s the best this city has to offer. Give us your take on where to grab a drink or get a massage, and your nominee could take home the grand prize at the upcoming Scouts Honored […]

It’s Almost Pi Day

As you probably remember from third grade, Pi is the symbol used in mathematics to represent the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter, and it’s expressed as approximately 3.14159 — which is why, on 3/14, dorks around the world celebrate Pi Day. Schools, organizations and businesses celebrate by creating Pi themed […]