- This event has passed.
MIT Technology Review Presents: Business of Blockchain 2019
May 2 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Join MIT Technology Review on the MIT campus this May for the Business of Blockchain 2019. Held in collaboration with the Digital Currency Initiative the one-day event will examine the next era of blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies. Join industry leaders, entrepreneurs, innovators, policy leaders and media at the MIT Media Lab in Cambridge, MA to explore the technology, ethics, and impact of blockchains.
The blockchain mania of 2017 has worn off, but there are many lingering questions around which projects and ideas will remain in 2019. This conference will explore where the technology and its applications are headed and create a conversation around defining the next phase of blockchain.
Join industry experts and company leaders as they look back at lessons learned over the years and predict the road ahead. Speakers will address navigating this ever-changing landscape and the strengths and weaknesses of blockchain, as well as promising new initiatives. Session topics will include:
- How to leverage blockchain technology for social impact, and the importance of increased diversity in emerging tech
- How the Asia Pacific region is navigating explosive growth in the blockchain market, amid crypto restrictions
- Smart contracts and expanding access to legal services
- The future of crypto and how cryptocurrency, banks, and regulation will co-evolve
- Designing a price-stable cryptocurrency
- The evolution of blockchain technology, and how issues like interoperability and scaling might be the key to wider adoption
Attendees will also have the opportunity to hear firsthand opinions on these topics from a list of industry leaders:
- Ariana Fowler – Blockchain Strategist, UNICEF
- Caitlin Long – Cofounder, Wyoming Blockchain Coalition
- Sopnendu Mohanty – Chief FinTech Officer, Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Charley Moore – Founder and CEO, Rocket Lawyer
- Jessica Rosenworcel – Commissioner, Federal Communications Commission
- Peter Van Valkenburgh – Director of Research, Coin Center
- Simon Whitehouse – Senior Managing Director, Financial Services, Growth and Strategy, Accenture
- Hui Zhang – Director, Ant Financial Blockchain Division
For more information visit: https://events.technologyreview.com/presents/business-of-blockchain/2019/
Who: The top names in blockchain innovation? (including the above)?
?What: MIT Technology Review‘s Business of Blockchain 2019
When: May 2, 2019
Where: MIT Media Lab: Building E14 | 75 Amherst St. Cambridge, MA 02139