Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, and we’ve got you covered when it comes to buying the perfect gift or finding the best places to eat, drink and be merry. Whether you want to get physical and partake in some ice skating or a spin class with your SO or would prefer a Lady and the Tramp-themed dinner, there’s something on this list for you. (And, if you’re single, there are some rad things for you to do, too—like beer-fueled speed-dating at Lamplighter Brewery.)
Where to Buy Gifts for Your Sweetheart:
- Just in time to get some sweets for your sweetie (or yourself, because #TreatYoSelf) EHChocolatier opened a pop-up for Valentine’s Day. The #ClustersofLove pop-up shop is located at 1 Broadway in Cambridge for just over two weeks, February 1 through February 17.
- Sweat with your Sweetie at Barre & Soul in Harvard Square on February 10.
- Get your heart pumping in a Zumba or Spin class at Healthworks Fitness Center in Porter Square. It supports a good cause—sending local kids to camp—and you can enjoy champagne and chocolate after.
Where to Dine:
- Take your date to Puritan & Company and enjoy a delicious four-course meal.
- BISq will be serving their regular menu in addition to shareable specials. You’ll also be able to take advantage of discounted wine deals.
- Looking for live music to soundtrack your date? Head to Beat Brasserie on February 14 for food, drinks and tunes. They’re also dragging out the celebration with “My Heart Beats for Nine Days,” a nine-day long love fest of V-Day inspired weekend brunches and dinners.
- Share an array of dishes with your sweetheart at Loyal Nine.
- Belly is serving a menu with Parisian flare and playing Amélie on the big screen.
- Spice up the night and go to Pagu for a Barcelona-inspired five-course meal.
- If you’re looking for the cutest place to eat on Valentine’s Day, look no further than State Park. Here, you and your SO can enjoy a Lady and the Tramp-themed dinner for two. We’re talking romantic tablecloth, carnations, a votive candle and a bottle of wine. Paws-itively romantic.
- Head in to Russell House Tavern to indulge in a three-course meal complete with delicious desserts.
- Feeling like doing something a little more on the wild side? Head to the OBERON for True Lust or check out the Boston Beautease Road to Striptopia.
- Have some DIY fun with your date at the Naco Taco Plant Nite Event.
- The Brattle Theater will screen the most romantic movie of all time, The Princess Bride. (They’ll also be showing Casablanca, for those who are interested.)
- Community Ice Skating @ Kendall will be offering a 2 for 1 special, so grab your partner, skating or otherwise, and get out on the ice!
If you and your date are headed into Boston for the night, we’ve got specials for you too:
- If traditional Venetian food is what you’re craving, SRV will be offering guests the choice of ordering from two special Arsenale dinner menus or a limited menu available at the bar on V-Day.
- Grab lunch or dinner with your lover at Back Bay Harry’s. And while you’re at it, grab a shareable punch, which they’ve aptly named Unrequited Love Punch.
- What’s more romantic than bowling? Bowling and a delicious meal. Woo your special someone at Kings.
- Whether you’re single, committed, or somewhere in that weird grey area, the Valentine’s Day Dinner at Area Four is sure to have something for you. By that, we mean they’re going to have custom candy and cocktails with amazing names.
- Have a date night at Taza Chocolate Bar and snack on some chocolate and churros!
For All the Single Ladies (and Gentlemen):
- Lamplighter Brewing Co. is putting on an event that’s sure to be hopping. (Beer puns are fun, right?) Go to their V-Day Hoppy Mingling event in Cambridge to speed date with people who love beer as much as you do.
- If you’re single, don’t hate Valentine’s Day and want to mingle with some like-minded folks, head over to the Dating While Progressive @SoJust Singles Party in Boston.
- If you’re single and you really hate Valentine’s Day, head into Boston for the F*CK Valentine’s Day event at Bukowski Tavern.
On a side note, if you’re interested in spreading a little love in a totally platonic way, consider donating to Second Chances’ “Love Your Neighbor” Clothing Drive. You can donate your clothing at the Gibson Sotheby’s International Realty Cambridge office from February 12 to 14.
This list was last updated 02/10/17. Don’t see your V-Day event listed here? Hey, no sweat! Send it over to firstname.lastname@example.org.