Community

Cambridge City Nature Art Challenge Deadline Extended

The Cambridge City Natural Art Challenge is extending the contest deadline to June 8. Cambridge Local First and Green Cambridge are teaming up to promote the event which celebrates critters that call our community home. Based on the Boston City Nature Challenge, Zoo New England’s wildlife-data collection program, the Cambridge City Natural Art Challenge engages […]

Front Steps Project, Essential Construction Return May 18

We’re looking for silver-linings just about everywhere these days. Things that we never thought would excite us now give us life. Who knew that we’d ever be so excited to see construction season start up? The City of Somerville recently announced a phased restart for essential construction and we are giddy. The sights! The sounds! […]

A Letter from the Editor

Hello Scouts, Nice to meet you, I’m Sean L. Maloney. I am the new interim editor for Scout Cambridge and Scout Somerville. I am excited to be here, excited about the future of this publication and the great community it serves.   You may know me as a contributing writer for Scout, DigBoston and Boston Globe. […]

Scout Supporter of the Day: Sam

Our Scout Supporter of the Day is Sam! Sam’s growing family follows Scout to stay up on local businesses.  “[I] love the updates about what’s opening and closing,” Sam tells Scout via email.  “Always what I read first.” Sam is staying sane by getting out and staying safe.  “[We]take our kids to the park for […]

Thanks, Moms. We Love You.

To all the moms of Cambridge and Somerville. To all the moms in Boston and Boston and Boxford. From North Adams to North Attleboro and back to North Andover. To all the bio-moms, adoptive-moms, step-moms and friend-moms. To all the moms everywhere: Thanks for everything. We love you. The last few months have been hard […]

Scout’s Cinco De Mayo Cooking Class Tuesday at 5 p.m.

After what feels like eighteen billion months of winter, spring has arrived and just in time to celebrate the true start of the season, Cinco de Mayo. While we would typically suggest pulling up a nice piece of patio to celebrate Cinco De Mayo, this year is different. Obviously. Unfortunately. So we’re teaming up with […]

Scout Supporters of the Day: Elizabeth and Lowell

Our Scout Supporters of the Day are Elizabeth and Lowell! Elizabeth likes to read Scout to learn about what’s new in her community. “I love the sense of discovery and community I get from reading Scout,” she says. “Every issue turns me on to a new place to explore, or tells the story of someone […]

Scout Supporter of the Day: Katie

Our Scout Supporter of the Day is Katie!  Katie and her family like reading Scout because they’re big fans of small business. “We enjoy staying connected to the local community and hearing about new local businesses to support,” she says. As far as activities go recently, it seems like they’re separated into two age groups: […]

Scout Supporters of the Day: Jeremy and Deb

Our Scout Supporters of the Day are Jeremy and Deb! Jeremy and Deb like reading Scout to stay in touch with a community that’s been their home for a decade. “We enjoy learning about the amazing people, places, and events in our community, as well as local history about businesses and areas in Somerville,” Jeremy says. […]